Thursday, March 7, 2013

I'd like to apologize for the confusion surrounding yesterday's blog. After I posted it, the censors pulled half of my paragraph on the difference between blacking out and fainting because a) it was crude, b) it was impossible to understand, and c) it was way too "nobody cares about this."  

I have to admit that I wasn't able to commit my normal level of care to what I published yesterday.  The pressures and time constraints of being a)a pretend office manager and b) a blogger with fake deadlines, are beginning to wear on me.  I also have duties as a mother, but apparently those are also of a pretend nature. The other day, one of my daughters was complaining that someone was trying to mother her.  The other one said, "Thank god we never had to deal with that at home."

Those of you who know me will not be surprised that I'm a softie when it comes to being a parent.  And I do have understated ways of rearing kids.  For instance, on communicating my expectations for the girls, I simply asked them if they had won any awards each day when I picked them up at school.  My follow up question, "Did you get any good ones off?," was my way of driving home the importance of being entertaining. On setting limits, for example, I'd serve them a modest portion of ice cream, and then ask, "is that too much?"  Also, I'm pretty sure I made that one up and you should totally try it to see those little faces scrunch up with confusion.  They can't find a good answer to that question. 

No comments:

Post a Comment