Friday, March 15, 2013

I was standing next to a clump of guys in a security line at Logan Airport this morning, when one of them said, "Dude, if money wasn't an option, we'd be on a charter jet right now."  That was a real head spinner, because obviously, money was no option for him, still, there was no charter jet option for him either.  That made us think that it must be Opposite Day, so when we passed the sign saying that we couldn't bring our snow globes on the plane, we disregarded it and kept ours tucked away with our toiletries.  


Which was a good decision, because when you spend time creating handmade snow globes for your trip, the last thing you want to do is hand them over to security. 



Yes I'm having fun uploading photos.

Ahead of me in line was a young man who belonged to a Christian organization, wearing a dark suit and a badge that said, "Elder Quackenbush."  I immediately felt a connection with him because my last name used to be "Heneberry," which also starts with poultry and segues into vegetation.  But since I was badge-free, I let the moment pass.

1 comment:

  1. Look closely at the sign: " snow globe" is Homeland Security code for turbin....

    ReplyDelete