Wednesday, March 6, 2013

I hit a viewership milestone today, so I'd like to celebrate and give back to my followers by addressing some of your questions, comments and concerns.

First, Jerry Dathe, I'm sorry that you're feeling uneasy about my recurring black outs.  And I did speak about my condition to a medical professional, who told me to go eat a banana (see 2/18 blogpost), and then handed me a plastic gallon jug that contained about a half an inch of unused windshield wiper fluid (2/26).

A big thank you goes to Scott Mackey, a composter, who gave me the tip to stop throwing bones and gristle into my backyard.  The coyote who was peering into our sliding glass door like Audrey Hepburn at Tiffany's has moved on and I will definitely Google "composting" before I chuck anything out there again.

I'm not grateful to my sister, Julie, who pointed out that, at age 52, I am ten years older now than Ethel Mertz was when she first appeared on I Love Lucy.  This really got to me because when we were little, we all thought that if poor Ethel had been able to conceive, she would have been at least somebody's great grandmother.

2 comments:

  1. I'm shocked that Ethel was only in her 40's on Lucy; how did she manage to look so frumpy? And how old must Fred have been? Younger than Bob?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fred-62. Apparently Vivian Vance was none too happy to be paired with a frumpy husband 20 years her senior. But hey, a girl's gotta work. That's probably what started their feuding. No wonder he was always drink on the set.

      Delete