Tuesday, March 5, 2013

For some reason, my gag reflex has dropped its beef with ear gauges.  It's probably a result of repeated exposure over time. The first one I found myself staring down the barrel of was in an Army Navy store in Mystic, CT, about seven years ago.  After a series of cartoon-worthy double takes, complete with boi-oi-oing sound effects, I must have blacked out for a second.  The next thing I knew, I was outside, sistered up to a cigar store Indian, who stood there stoically (as they are wont to do), while I tried not to hurl.  

Now I can look an ear gauge right in the eye and I'm not that grossed out (maybe a little scared) -- even one whose size is comparable to the opening of a pickle jar.  But with a hole that large, my guess is that after a while, many of those who went down this road ask, "Where do we go from here?"  

So, if you change your mind, can you grow them out like bangs?  People my age want to know this because we are scared of things that are permanent, like ear gauges, and death.  You can find out here, or you can read their bullet points below if you don't want the gory details:

1.  Take out your ear gauge and clean it, making sure there is no goo.

2.  Wait.

3.  Moisturize your ears after showering.

4.  Wear earrings of increasingly smaller sizes.

5.  Have surgery!




  



3 comments:

  1. Connie, you seem to be prone to blacking out. Do you access to a medical professional who could help you with this? And might I recommend a fainting goat for a pet. I think that you would be good for each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes on the goat and/or medical help. That way you could stop hauling that cigar store Indian with you when you leave the house.

      Delete
  2. I thoroughly enjoy the fact that your blogging is turning me into a cackling public spectacle in the Atlanta Airport. Thank you for the staring inquisitive looks and disapproving eye rolls.

    ReplyDelete