Saturday, March 2, 2013

As my mom always says, "marriage is work."  And now that I'm "managing" Bo's office, he and I are also experiencing "marriage at work."  So far, I really like it, and I've figured out that I'd been missing the camaraderie of a team setting.  His staff is amazing and Bo seems genuinely glad to see me when I "manage" to come in.

However, one issue is that, like many great doctors, Bo doesn't want to be bothered with business decisions. So at work, he stays in the clinic, eluding me and my irksome issues about our 401(k)and health insurance plans, payroll, HR, buying stuff, the checkbook, marketing, and building maintenance. Okay, until I laid that out, I had no clue that I do all that, and everyone should be very afraid.  

Anyway, it didn't take me long to figure out that he was a sitting duck for the likes of me when he got home.  So I was giving him a few moments to relax and to think he was going to have a good time before I hit him with my follow up questions about x-ray equipment vendors. That's when he always remembered that he needed to go out to the garage to tighten a few things up.

Recently we decided that we'll stay at work a little longer to talk about business stuff, so that we can get a break from it after hours. Also, I'm starting to make a lot of pressing decisions without him, so everyone should be very afraid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment