Friday, March 22, 2013

I was having trouble coming up with something to blog about this morning.  It's the first time this has happened to me and I chalked it up to sadness about our vacation ending. So I went looking for Margot and Greta because I always find lots of inspiration from those two. I was out of luck, though, because they were still sleeping. This lack of input from my kids made me start to get squirmy, and then really sad about next fall, when Margot goes back to college and Greta starts art school.  Then I thought, wait a minute, I've heard about this phenomenon. It happens to all moms who try to be funny in their blogs. Apparently, even when you write your most hilarious materialit means nothing to you because your kids have moved out.  It's called "empty jesting" people, and it's definitely a thing. 

3 comments:

  1. I knew I was going to get busted for that pun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. in my experience, although nature may abhor a vacuum, parents whose children have moved on usually love it. After all, Con, it is all about you!

      Delete