Thursday, February 14, 2013


Some of my followers have asked me to write titles for my blog posts so they'll know what they are getting into beforehand. And I hate to disappoint hundreds of people with one decision, but no, I can’t be expected to do that because it takes me way too long to name things.

Luckily for me, my dogs and my husband were already named when I got them.  Our kids named our turtle, Natasha -- (RIP Boris!) -- but it pretty much fell on me to name our kids.  And I kind of screwed that up, because both names, “Margot” and “Greta,” are diminutive forms of the name “Margaret” – this is according to my cousin Margaret, who said to me, “Why don’t you just break down and name your next kid “Margaret.”  So, essentially I’ve named our girls “Rick” and “Dick.”

Newspaper reporters have copy editors around to write their headlines, and I like that model, but I can’t afford to hire someone to bang out titles for you guys.  I’ve got blog posts to write and it’s a miracle that I’m keeping up with all these fake deadlines.

4 comments:

  1. can't one of your fake Margarets help

    ReplyDelete
  2. They get mad if I ask them to help around the house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I sure hope that came out less...um...let's say..."snarky"...in person than it did in writing! I'm sure I said it out of jealousy since Margot and Greta are such cool names and Margaret is NOT (total old lady name). Great blog! Love, Princess Consuela Bananahammock

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, Margaret, I thought it was funny and insightful.

    ReplyDelete