Friday, February 15, 2013


Greta and I ordered some really cool Warby Parker eyeglass frames to try on at home and the whole process was really exciting.   Here's what you do -- go onto their website (warbyparker.com), snap a photo of yourself and pop their glasses onto the image for a virtual try on. You can order five different frame styles that arrive in just a couple of days.  They come in a super sleek, black cloth-covered, compartmented box -- the kind of box you just know is hidden all over the houses of Mediterranean-based jewelry thieves.

The trying on of the glasses was fun while it was Greta's turn.  They all looked great and it was hard to pick just one.  But when it came to me, according to Greta, there was no frame that didn't make me look like Kim Jong-il.  This North Korean dictator, who was believed to have been 70 when he died, always chose eyewear that was way too large for his face.  So I took it as a compliment that was meant to praise my small, feminine features.

That said, my aging sisters and I have agreed that at this point in our lives, maybe classic beauty is out of our reach.  So our motto is "shooting for handsome."  That means staying fit, and having good hair, nails, shoes and glasses.

이 품위 유지하자,

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment