Tuesday, February 26, 2013

My husband is always handing me things for no reason and I finally realized that he does it because he's a surgeon.  He's just used to passing things off to other people when he's finished with them. You'll walk by him, hands free, and before you know it, you're holding a hammer, a half package of uncooked bacon, an ice scraper, some dead D-Cell batteries, a sunglasses case, or a dog leash.  

When we first got married, I didn't realize it was a thing, so I guess I blindly took the Gorilla Glue and put it back in the kitchen drawer. In later years, when I picked up on his handoffs, I definitely mentioned to him that I found it annoying and a little demeaning.  But now that I know he's unwittingly using me as an at-home first assist, I usually cut him some slack, take the scalpel and put it back in the spice rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment