Thursday, February 14, 2013

I think we can all assume that Connie Chung is a follower of my blog because she's very plugged in.  Well, recently I heard that Connie bought a house right here on Cape Cod!  So just this once, I'd like to single out a reader to say:  Connie Chung, you're welcome!  Also this -- you and I have a lot in common!  For example, I also live on Cape Cod and my name is also Connie.  One notable difference between us, though, is that your hair is still brown.

But back to similarities and coincidences -- you and my daughter, Margot, share a birthday (August 20).  She's all grown up now, but she discovered this chance occurrence in 7th grade.  To commemorate it, we sat down and wrote this rap:

It's my birthday, read the Cape Cod Times at the pool --
Yeah, I read the paper.  Don't mean I'm a tool.
The Lifestyle section keeps me on the down low
With a grip of wack stuff that I like to know.
Say what?  I gasp and almost bust a lung
When I see I share a birthday with Miss Connie Chung!
Da Chung, she da bomb, she makes the stars talkers
About their childhoods, divorces and stalkers.
She's earned herself some Emmy's; I believe it's three.
Her Chinese name translated is "Princess Ivory."
This veteran journalist has had the dopest career.
I hope our birthdays fall on the same day next year.

Again, Connie, you're welcome.  And if you want to see Margot's performance of this stirring tribute to you, fast-forward five minutes into this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbri8X8vaTk.   

In closing, it’s just so cool that you live nearby.  I think you’ll find that I can be very neighborly, unless I’m at home, when I really just want to be left alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment