Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Many of my followers are upset about my idea that I look like the Mayor of London, Boris Johnson. Well, thank you for being nice, but I've embraced our dead-ringerness because who doesn't want to look like a famous person?

Plus, there's no denying that our squinty eyes are almost identical, both of us preferring skin folds to peripheral vision. Also, do you see how close-set our eyes are? We can't even use binoculars because the sides don't push together far enough. This means that birding is off the table for us both. We share that pain.

Boris and I both have mussed-up blonde hair*, and our eyebrows are too light to see. Our noses and cheekbones are virtually interchangeable. Another spitting image may be our mouths, but it's hard to get a bead on what his teeth look like, as British people rarely smile for the camera.

That's me on the right smiling openly.

*Okay, okay. Boris' hair has always been blonde.

2 comments:

  1. As I was reading and glanced down at the photos, I was so relieved to see that you had labeled who was who. I hadn't noticed the teeth at that point and thought there was a high chance of mistaken identity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's face it: Boris Johnson makes a handsome woman; ergo Connie is a handsome woman, a compliment that takes ages to receive. Whoever heard of a handsome little girl?
    Oh, and you do know about his teeth because he is British: they are atrocious unless he had work done in another country.

    ReplyDelete