Wednesday, November 13, 2013

I invited lots of people over to watch football last weekend but no one could come because all of my friends have concussions. So instead, I arranged to meet my sister Barb at our parents' house in Philadelphia. But as soon as we set foot in their house, my dad said, "I'm happy to see you girls, but try to keep a lid on it because your mother and I both have concussions." We had a nice time, considering that we were visiting people who were trying hard not to concentrate on anything.

When I got home last night, I went to check on our pet turtle. "How's Natasha?" I asked Bo.

"She's okay, but she has a concussion," he said. "She swam up too fast and hit her head on her basking platform."

"Ouch!" I said.

"How are you doing?" Bo asked me. "You look a little off. Do you have a concussion?"

"No," I said. "I just look concussed because I ran out of eyeliner. How are you?"

"I think I'm good," he said. "But I still have a concussion. Thanks for leaving me that new helmet. It's very cool."

"You're welcome," I said. "I thought the black would bring out your left pupil."

1 comment:

  1. Damn! I thought I had adult onset ADHD but what is the cause for my lack of focus? A concussion. Who needs WebMD. Thanks Dr Connie, or Mrs Connie as the Brazilian house painter you sent my way called you. Wait! I think he had a concussion too.
    Boy this explains a lot of what's going down.

    ReplyDelete