Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Dear Jes:

Thank you so much for writing back to me on the microphone drop thing and I'm glad that you understand why I had to let go of it. When I think of the hours you spent working with me on the move -- "So, it's hold the fake microphone up to your mouth and then drop it." It seemed like it was going to be so easy and I still think that you're an amazing teacher. Also I think maybe you're right about why it was impossible for me to learn. When I got the fake microphone in my hand, real stage fright kicked in and I panicked because I knew there was zero way for me to deliver a two-hour PowerPoint on Bikram yoga, especially when I was running late and had no clothes on.

In your letter, I noticed that you spelled it "mic drop," instead of "mike drop," so I went back to yesterday's blog post and changed my spelling, because I know cool when I see it.  Also, I teared up with joy when I read that you, and other people in their twenties, are still doing the corn-on-the-cob/ding move. Maybe it is a timeless thing, like pull my finger.

If you have time over the holidays, I'd love for you to work with me on a new signature move.

Love,

Connie

No comments:

Post a Comment