Thursday, April 18, 2013


When I spilled coffee on a check that Julie and Chris wrote to me, I knew I was going to really pay for it. This will take months to rectify. 


From: connie "wilsterman@con.net
Date: Friday, April 12, 2013 11:50 AM
To: Christine McDade <Christine.McDade@inf.org>, Julie Heneberry <julie_heneberry@wg.org>
Subject: Check

Hey guys.  The check that you wrote me for $450 for the New York weekend was involved in a spill and the bank rejected and shredded it.  I don't know if you are willing to write me another check to replace it.  Maybe you can meet about this and let me know.  Con



From: Julie Heneberry julie_heneberry@wg.org
Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 9:46 AM
To: wilsterman@con.net; Christine McDade
Subject: Re: Check

We can't be held accountable for the irresponsible actions of others.  We wrote you a check.  We've done what we can.




From: Christine McDade <Christine.McDade@inf.org>
Date: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 10:12 AM
To: Julie Heneberry <julie_heneberry@wg.org>, "wilsterman@con.net
Subject: RE: Check

This is going to be a real problem for us.  We told our auditors this already cleared and now you are going to make real asses of us, not to mention liars.  You’re going to need to write us a check for $450 to resolve the matter.  Thanks



From: Christine McDade Christine.McDade@inf.org
Date: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 2:30 PM
To: Julie Heneberry <julie_heneberry@wg.org>, "wilsterman@con.net"
Subject: RE: Check

Connie,
Has this been taken care of yet?  Your up-in-the-air lifestyle doesn't work for most of us.  We have busy lives.  We can't just put life on hold and while we try to track this thing.   We're going to need to make some calls, make a change to our check book – this is taking a lot of our valuable time.  Please make the check to us for $500.  

3 comments:

  1. Is posting all of these email addresses online an issue? I'd like a check made out to me for this consultation. Any amount over $25 would be acceptable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jerry, I was shrewd enough to change all the email addresses, but I'll still send a check for your services. How would you like me to render it useless? You can pick from this list: spills, wear and tear, or "my dog ate it."

    ReplyDelete