Tuesday, May 14, 2013

I'd like to clear things up about my use of the term "safe word" yesterday. I thought it was obvious that I meant it in a non-carnal context. But eyebrows were lifted, so I did a little on-line research and the results were also hair-raising. That said, if anyone wants to learn about the crucial role of a Dungeon Monitor, just sing out.

No, I was talking about safe words for more conventional relationships, when one or both people agree ahead of time to use a word or words that would bring them up short -- no judgments made and no questions asked. When you hear your safe word, it's supposed to stop you in your tracks. I have a safe word with my readers, "chicken-baby," which is to be put in action if I ever use my blog as a teaching moment.

My safe word with Julie is "spruce" which is employed at times of extreme silliness. These times could also be described as: over the top, dangerous or humiliating. Costumes increase our chances for safe word use, especially if we are wearing our rubber butts in public. "Spruce" originated after an incident outside of a Christmas tree seller in the city. The following day, we agreed that it would be a good safe word for me because the vendor was selling spruces, it sounds like "truce," and it reminds me that the manner in which I am conducting myself could use some sprucing. 


This shot captures the moment when mistakes were made 
and "Spruce" was born. 


Getting back to yesterday's blog, I'm proud to share that I haven't been spruced in months, but I guess that doesn't matter to people who are rooting against me being the guy who lives to be 150 years old. 

No comments:

Post a Comment