Thursday, September 26, 2013

Dear Margot and Greta:

You know that both of my arms are more than 53 years old.  You also know that when my arms are outstretched, the skin on my elbows can be twisted into neat rosettes that will stay that way for at least three hours -- more, I'm sure, but we all got hungry and I needed to bend my arms to make dinner.

As you both age, elbow skin elasticity may become an issue for you too. This is another reason to go out and get those Elbow Patch Tattoos™, which, over the years, would take on the unstructured, leathery look of the real thing.

If you think you aren't cut out for Elbow Patch Tattoos™, I'd say start moisturizing your elbows now and try to keep your arms at obtuse angles (greater than 90°, but less than 180°)over the next thirty years.

This is nothing to worry about while you are away at college.

Love,
Connie

2 comments:

  1. Here's a scary thought: together your arms are more than 106 years old. Put that in your chorizo and smoke it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to your new book, "I Feel Bad About My Elbows."

    ReplyDelete